Do you like beer? Would you like to be a judge in a beer tasting contest? If your answer was yes then we have found the perfect event for you. On Saturday October 15th, 2011 Peakock Park in Coconut Grove will be celebrating GROVETOBERFEST. From 3-7 you will be able to sample unlimited beers from all over the world which then you will get to vote on. Music will be provided by SPAM ALL STARS. Here are all the details:
There’s a craft beer revolution, and it’s finally reached South Florida! On Saturday October 15th, Grovetoberfest will bring a world-class beer festival to Coconut Grove. Between 3:00 – 7:00 p.m., guests will sample unlimited beer from around the world, and they’ll take an active role by voting for their favorite beer in different categories. Interactive elements of the festival include an entertainment stage featuring South Florida’s Spam Allstars, a Homebrew Pavilion featuring Brew Box Miami, Beer 101 with Dr. Barry Gump, a Milam’s Kitchen Lab hosted by Chef Ralph Pagano from Hell’s Kitchen and Iron Chef, a South Miami Fiat VIP Lounge, a Designated Driver Program and a Safe Ride Home option for those who sample more than they can handle. For ticket information, visit www.grovetoberfest.com or call (305) 461-2700.
• Over 100 Beers – To see the beer list being featured at the event, click this link or visit the site. Grovetoberfest Beer List
• Your Vote Counts – Aficionados and the “casual beer fan” will take an active role in beer sampling by voting for their favorite beer in three categories – Domestic, Import and Wild Card. The friendly competition will make it fun for all including the breweries that are eager to become “The Top Beer of Choice” among consumers.
• There’s an App for That – P
• The Milam’s Kitchen Lab – Hosted by Chef Ralph Pagano, notable for his appearances on Iron Chef and Hell’s Kitchen in addition to being executive chef of STK at the Gansevoort. The Kitchen Lab will feature several prominent chefs who will conduct beer pairing demos including, Chef Alberto Cabrera from The Local, Chef Michael Jacobs who caters to the Miami Heat and Chef Pastor Sequera who’s catered to celebrities and politicians including President Obama’s 2010 fundraising luncheon that took place in Alonzo Mourning’s home.
• The Homebrew Pavilion – Presented by Brew Box Miami, a leader in home brewing. Brew Box Miami will showcase different home brews, provide live brewing demos throughout the day and sample dozens of home-crafted beer made by individuals and teams.
• Beer 101 with Dr. Barry Gump – Beer 101 is a short workshop conducted by Dr. Gump in an easy and informative manner. Dr. Gump will briefly cover beer history, beer making and lastly beer tasting. This clinic is 20-minutes long and will be conducted four times throughout the day.
• Bougainvillea’s Live Music Stage – Hot off their appearance in South by Southwest (SXSW), The Spam Allstars have been delighting fans since 2002. The wildly popular group has regular gigs all over Miami and the country, with stints in New York, Atlanta, and New Orleans being their main haunts.
• Elite Fleet – A large gathering such as this one wouldn’t be the same without the participation of our favorite Miami Food Trucks. As such, we’ve assembled an elite fleet that includes Ms. Cheezious, The Flying Saucer, Kitchen Kabob, Grill Master, Gypsy Kitchen, Nacho Mama’s Grill, Gastropod, Red Koi and others.
• South Miami Fiat VIP Lounge – For a separate ticket price, guests enjoy no lines, open bar, free food and private bathrooms. It also offers early entry and a commemorative Grovetoberfest glass. VIP entrance opens at 3:00 pm.
• Designated Driver Program – This program will offer one person, per group of three and more, complimentary access to the event, food vouchers and a free t-shirt that reads “It’s OK to go home with me – I’m a designated driver”.
• Safe Ride Home – Needless to say, those who overdo it and who don’t have a designated driver won’t have to worry about driving. Grovetoberfest will offer a free ride via the Safe Ride Home program.
• Tickets – They can be purchased now via www.grovetoberfest.com or at the gate.
$29 – Pre-purchased tickets (available now) / $39 – General Admission / $89 – VIP – This ticket offers early admittance, access to the VIP Lounge, complimentary food, no lines, a commemorative beer glass and special selection of high-end beer @ Lounge